The European Freedom Network exists to help the body of Christ in Europe work together effectively to prevent and combat human trafficking and commercial exploitation of women, men and children and to seek the restoration of its victims.
We see a world free of human trafficking and exploitation, where every person has the opportunity to live in the freedom that God intends and Jesus gives.
We unite around the following beliefs and values:
- Christ Centered – We are a praying Christian community who are convinced that Jesus’ grace and power can bring transformation to individuals and communities.
- Collaborative Community – We are better when we join together our thinking, plans, resources, and expertise.
- Excellence – We believe that our focused work and ministry should exemplify good practice and professionalism as well as the heart of Jesus.
- Dignity – We treat people with dignity and respect, and recognize each person has the ability and right to lead their own life.
- Safety – We seek to be safe people and to keep all people in our care safe and free from exploitation.
What We Do
- We build capacity in our partners by providing encouragement, advice, resources, training, and prayer.
- We facilitate and encourage co-operation and effective action between our partners.
- We assist our partners to be a voice capable of addressing the issues of human trafficking and commercial exploitation in public arenas at all levels.
- We create excellence through lovingly and truthfully holding each other accountable.
Our Core Team
Leanne Rhodes founded Abolishion, an organisation dedicated to breaking the systems that keep people in sexual slavery. She loves to strategically help bridge the gaps between NGOs, church and government.
Carole Stolz is founder/director of Hope for Freedom, dedicated to the prevention of human trafficking, especially amongst minors. Her love is to creatively tackle things that people tell her are impossible. Currently she is developing a „Handscanner“ together with the German & Austrian Police to detect minors being smuggled over our borders.
Shannon von Scheele is the Executive Director of the German Anti-Trafficking Network, Netzwerk gegen Menschenhandel. The Network trains multipliers to use its prevention program “Liebe ohne Zwang”, raises awareness about human trafficking and empowers groups and individuals to get involved.
Our Advisory Board
Helen heads up the Global Learning Community, which works with over 50 anti-trafficking stakeholders from more than 10 countries to help build their capacity and connect them to others within the global movement. This includes leading the engagement strategy of Freedom Collaborative, an online coalition and information portal in partnership with Liberty Asia.