It’s time to cry out for freedom. Freedom for all who are exploited by human trafficking and the “sex trade”. Freedom for those who dream of a better life but end up exploited and abused in factories and fields, strip clubs and brothels.
18th October is Freedom Sunday. It’s a day to pray, to learn more, to campaign.
What could you do?
- Dedicate some of your church’s service to the cry for freedom.
- Connect with other EFN partners near you and work together.
- Grab online resources. See below.
- Invite an NGO or the police to come and speak.
- Research and share about the local or national exploitation situation.
- Get creative with awareness raising. Show a film like Nefarious . Use social media to cry for freedom.
- Launch a campaign or petition. Here’s an EFN film on the Swedish Model in case that’s relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhGRrrMIlAU
Freedom Sunday belongs to no organisation. It’s simply an opportunity for all to cry out. NGOs across the globe have come on board, with some choosing a different Sunday to engage. But EFN is delighted that partners are engaging on 18th October – the European Union’s Anti-Trafficking Day.
Online resources can be found at